Saturday, April 14, 2007

We're Pregnant

On Thursday, April 12th at 11:45 a.m. I found out that there was a "Baby Acosta" on the way! What a rush of emotions that followed. I cried happy tears, but of course did a typical Shannon thing and told the doctor when he asked if I was happy, "Yes, but I have had several margaritas, and wine, and beer." The doctor just laughed and said, "That is okay." So, after this outburst I was on my way to get 7 tubes of blood taken for my first OB blood work. Fun! Then I was off to tell David. I called hime at work and asked if he could go to lunch with me. Of course David being concerned asked how the doctor's appointment went I responded with,"I'll talk to you about it when I pick you up." Probably the wrong choice of words since David was now in a panic thinking the worst news is about to be dropped on him. I apicke David up from work and his immediate response was, "Well, what happened." I smiled and said, "Well, everything is good and we are pregnant." David's first response was, "No were not, quit lying." This went on for about 5 minutes and I finally took out the pregnancy test the doctor's office gave me and said, "Yes we are. SEE!" David was in shock and of course then was not hungry, which was not working for me:) Anyways, after lunch I went back to work as did David. That is when all the fun began.

As soon as I walked into work my entire team rushed me and was like, "What happened." I just smiled and my pregnant co-worker said, "I knew it." So there was lots of hugs and tears. David's boss was so happy for him that he sent him home from work, so David thought to come hang out with me for the last hour of work. We were trying to tell my parents first, but they were busy at a conference. It was funny because Mama Betty's and Daniel's response was the same as David's, Tito laughed and kept saying that this is wonderful, Carrie screamed and said she couldn't wait to dress me, Kristy said she knew it and that I always get what I want, Dale smiled and said my mother was going to freak, and then mom's response... She opened the bag with two little bootties in it and screamed in excitement at On the Border. From there on she couldn't stop talking about all the things we needed to do... David was still in shock and sat quitely as he drank his beer:) We called my grandparents and Aunt Sandy and both were very excited. I think my aunt teared up, but I am not sure. Anyways, Tuesday, April 17th is my first ultrasound and David and I will be there waiting to see how far along Baby Acosta is! All I know is my boobs are very sore and I am tired. And all of you know I am like the energizer bunny, so tiredness and actually laying down are new concepts for me, but I am okay with it!

1 comment:

Chipper said...

I am so excited you guys are expenading your family!!! I love it. I can't wait to meet the baby :)